[IDV #XKA-295690]: issue with color shaded plan view

> I dont think  you have to promise me anything. You have been kind and
> patient enough to me.
> Anyways how McIDAS user group meet at madison?

Very good. But I only stayed there one day.
> We are trying to write some simulate sounder products in CF complaint
> HDF-5 format for our upcoming satelite generated from IASI radiances (in
> bufr file format).
> Actually I am struggling to write a profile datasets as cf complaint
> HDF5 product. Most of the pixels go away due to cloudiness or IASI
> underlap over the Indian Region.
> So rather than giving the regression retrievals for water vapor vertical
> profiles as gridded datasets I was just thinking about give them as
> feature:Profile.
> I sent a mail to support-netcdf-java too because I am not able to get
> any example CF complaint profile dataset from unidata site too.

Your dataset is very close to CF complaint, you probably don't need a sample.
I added two attributes to variable vw_level:

<attribute name="units" value="km" />
    <attribute name="axis" value="z"/>

and it is recognized as profile feature type.

I think CF doesn't like pressure coordinate. Since you are the one creating
these datasets, converting to meter should
be easy.

Right now, I can load your dataset into the IDV as netCDF point data, and
create a 2D display. It would be good to see a 3D profile display.

Yuan
> I am attaching herewith hdf5 product which contains water vapor profile
> at 21 different pressure levels. My point is why profile data requires
> altitude values as a coordinate.
> It should be able to use pressure values too as a coordinate in place of
> height values. I think that is the only reason that is holding it to be
> cf complaint.
> I know this may be a bit irrelevant in context of support-idv but I
> thought its worth discussing with you. Or if you can suggest another
> featureType for such a product.
>
> regards
> Ghansham

Ticket ID: XKA-295690