[IDV #WJN-602868]: Error when displaying text point data from SPC storm reports

> Full Name: Eddie Dixon
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows Vista
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.0\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:

> 0

> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.PointObFactory.makeTimeSequenceOfPointObs(PointObFactory.java:389)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.PointObFactory.makeTimeSequenceOfPointObs(PointObFactory.java:309)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.PointObFactory.makeTimeSequenceOfPointObs(PointObFactory.java:284)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.PointDataInstance.getTimeSequence(PointDataInstance.java:114)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.PointDataInstance.getTimeSequence(PointDataInstance.java:137)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.StationModelControl.loadData(StationModelControl.java:1633)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.StationModelControl$2.run(StationModelControl.java:1569)
>

> The preceeding error is given to me. I am attempting to view SPC tornado
> report locations in IDV, as I want to create an animation of the progress
> of a tornado outbreak. I used the Text Point Metadata GUI to load Time,
> Lat, and Long into IDV, which ingested the data successfully. The problem
> is when I attempt to display the data on the map. The following error
> is given.
>
> I had to manually edit the SPC's CSV file to add dates and format time
> so that it could be read into IDV. A copy of that datafile is attached.

I believe when you load the dataset, you select the time unit to be "MM/dd/yy
HH:mm z" and get the exception later. To fix the problem, you should modify the
unit to be "MM/dd/yy HH:mm". It works after this change.

Yuan

> ******************
> Stack trace:
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.PointObFactory.makeTimeSequenceOfPointObs(PointObFactory.java:389)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.PointObFactory.makeTimeSequenceOfPointObs(PointObFactory.java:309)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.PointObFactory.makeTimeSequenceOfPointObs(PointObFactory.java:284)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.PointDataInstance.getTimeSequence(PointDataInstance.java:114)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.point.PointDataInstance.getTimeSequence(PointDataInstance.java:137)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.StationModelControl.loadData(StationModelControl.java:1633)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.StationModelControl$2.run(StationModelControl.java:1569)

Ticket ID: WJN-602868
Department: Support IDV