[IDV #HSQ-628431]: error loading netcdf file

Greetings John,

It looks like you may need to add some metadata to your file so that the IDV
can understand completely the variables it contains. The easiest way to do this
would be to use NCML - if you upload a sample file, I can see what I can come
up with for you:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show/RAMADDA/Unidata/Software/IDV/Support+Uploads

Cheers,

Sean