[IDV #ORP-530314]: crash on startup

Hi Joe,

We've checked over your log and it seems as though you are running out of perm
gen space (your log indicates that it's was to 99%). We've made some
adjustments to the perm gen settings in the IDV that are reflected in the
nightly build - you may want to try that out to see if it's any better.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

Also, how much memory do you have available on your machine, and are you
running other java programs when you try to run the IDV? Did you make any other
modifications to runIDV.bat (like having it use your system version of java,
rather than the jre distributed with the IDV?). Sorry for the questions...just
trying to figure out what's going on.

Cheers,

Sean

Ticket ID: ORP-530314