[IDV #GVY-132765]: Data images won't display in IDV

Greetings Mike,

Do you see the default background map and wireframe outline in the Display
Window, or is it completely black? If it is totally empty, try updating
your video card driver to the latest version. If updating the driver does
not work, you may try switching over to the direct3D backend for java3d -
this can be done by editing the runIDV.bat file. Towards the bottom of the
file, you'll see the following lines:

@echo on
jre\bin\java -Xmx%idv_memory%m -XX:MaxPermSize=%idv_maxpermgensize%m
-Didv.enableStereo=false -jar idv.jar %*
@echo off

Comment out the jre line (use REM) and remove the REM from the line below
the comment discussing the use of the D3D version of Java 3D.

If running the IDV using D3D does not work, try downloading the previous
version of the IDV (2.9u3 -
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/2_9u3/index.jsp). If 2.9u3 works
and 3.0u2 doesn't, it may be that your video card is no longer supported
by java3D.

Cheers,

Sean

Ticket ID: GVY-132765