[IDV #ULD-739136]: issue with grib file opening

Greetings Ghansham,

Yes, please try toolsUI 4.3 - if it still is not correct, please submit a bug
report to netCDF-Java (address@hidden), as this
would be a netCDF-Java issue.

The IDV is using the most current netCDF-Java 4.2. We have a branch on
github that uses 4.3, but it's not completely integrated yet and that
branch is very much a pre-alpha kind of thing.

I am a bit unsure about the bounding box - would you mind sending a
little more information about what you mean when you say that the IDV
is showing the wrong bounding box? Which part of the IDV (e.g. the data
subset panel)?

Cheers,

Sean

> > Greetings Ghansham,
> >
> > Thanks for offering to send us a sample - please upload it here:
> >
> > http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload
> >
> > When you viewed the file through toolsUI, did you use 4.2 or 4.3?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Sean
> >
> I used toolsUI4.2.
> Do you want me to use 4.3?
> I have idv 3.0u3 nightly build of 8th june.
> The bounding box problem persists in that too.
> Can you suggest me a version of idv that is pretty much stable
> in context of NetCDF java interface?
> I will upload the files soon. But may be not before monday.
>
> regards
> Ghansham
>

> >> R/Sir
> >>
> >> I have a model output grib file. I am seeing that in some parameters,
> >> its showing a single time and in some its showing all the times.
> >> The total number of times is 120.
> >> I tried with toolsUI.jar. There I discovered that same value of times
> >> are coming for all the times for which I am seeing a single time value.
> >> I have been able to open all times in GRADS. But it seems there is some
> >> issue with GRIB decoders here.
> >> The problems persists both in 2.9u3 and 3.0u2.
> >>
> >> Another problem that comes up in 3.0u2 is that it is showing a wrong
> >> bounding box.
> >> If you want I can upload the file. But it is too heavy. Its 158 MB file.
> >> If you can get me an ftp server I can upload it there.
> >>
> >> regards
> >> Ghansham
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: ULD-739136