[IDV #ULD-739136]: issue with grib file opening

Hi Ghansham,

It looks like the problem is within the CDM 4.2. Because 4.2 and 4.3 are
so different in the way GRIB is handled, it does not look like there will
be a fix for this issue. However, the good news is that it is fixed in 4.3,
and once we get 4.3 into the IDV release, things should be good. I would
suggest trying to stick with IDV 3.0u2 and seeing if you can get by using
the data from the NOMADS THREDDS server.

Sorry for the disappointing news, but hopefully we can get CDM 4.3 into
the IDV soon.

Sean

> On 08/01/2012 12:29 AM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Thanks for the example file. I've created a netcdf-java bug for you:
> >
> > https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/TDS-312
> >
> > Have you tried to access your data through the NOMADS TDS?
> >
> > http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog.html
> >
> > You may have better luck going that route.
> >
> Another insight for you, when I access the same dataset from TDS,
> the bounding box issue crops up in 2.9u3 also. I hope that may help you
> to locate the error quickly.
>
> regards
> Ghansham

Ticket ID: ULD-739136