[IDV #HDW-845195]: Exporting data from IDV to a text file

> > I would like to escalate this ticket to Important, as I have students in
> > need of these data. Please let me know if I need to resubmit the ticket.
> >
> > Thanks -
> >
> > Uma Shankar
> >

> Hi Uma,
> I need to know what kind of data you were trying to export. If possible,
> upload a small sample file here:
>
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload
>

> Thanks,
>
> Yuan

Ok, let me assume your data is gridded dataset and you want to export one
parameter in the dataset to xls format. Use the following procedures:

1) load the dataset and create a color shaded plan view display.
2) In the Displays tab, do File > Save > Save Data in Cache...
3) In the Field Selector tab, Formula > Export > Export Grid to Excel....

In this way, you are very sure only export a 2D single parameter to excel text
format and should be fast.

Yuan

> > Research Associate
> > UNC-Institute fro the Environment
> > Bank of America ­ CB# 6116
> > 137 E. Franklin St Room 644
> > Chapel Hill NC 27599-6116
> > Phones:     (919) 966-2102 (O)
> > (919) 441-9202 (M)
> > (919) 843-3113 (F)
> >

> > On 10/24/12 10:51 AM, "Unidata IDV Support" <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> >

> > >Shankar, Uma,
> > >
> > >Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it
> > >and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket.
> > >Please make sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all
> > >correspondence related to this Ticket.
> > >
> > >    Ticket ID: HDW-845195
> > >    Subject: Exporting data from IDV to a text file
> > >    Department: Support IDV
> > >

> > >Please let us know how we can assist you further.
> > >
> > >Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: HDW-845195
Department: Support IDV