[IDV #OOS-641584]: reading a .nc file that is really HDF-5

Greetings Brian,

The problem is that the netCDF file is not following metadata standards closely
enough, and so the IDV isn't sure exactly what is going on inside the file. I've
created some NcML that adds enough information that will allow the IDV to read
the file (see attached). Again, just place this file inside the same directory
as the
data file you wish to open, and then open the NcML file with the IDV.

Cheers!

Sean

> Hello again.
>
> I downloaded a model grid file that IDV can't read.
> file prmsl_1878.nc
> tells me it is "Hierarchical Data Format (version 5) data."
>
> Will IDV read this format someday?
>
> It is actually given with a .nc filename:
> http://portal.nersc.gov/pydap/20C_Reanalysis_ensemble/analysis/prmsl/prmsl_1878.nc
> IDV says no gridded data is found (can't read the format).
>
> The information for the file is at
> http://portal.nersc.gov/pydap/20C_Reanalysis_ensemble/analysis/prmsl/prmsl_1878.nc.html
>
> Thanks!
> Brian