[IDV #RXX-534848]: Ticket ID: ZZP-380452

> Dear Sir/ Madam,
>
> Thank you for your quick response.
>
> I am having difficulties trying to download the data for my selected region
> which is Papua New Guinea. I have created and predefined the map area using
> Mercator projection for Papua New Guinea, however, when trying to load data
> from the web, it exits and goes to the US region instead.
>
> I have also tried importing WRF model output and have managed to create
> precipitation plots, however am trying to create precipitation tendencies
> and it is not predefined on the pull down menu bar. How do I do this and
> will await your response.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jimmy Gomoga,
> PNG Met. Service.

Jimmy,
       I checked the attached information, it looks like you were try to subset
the following dataset to your area: /NAM_CONUS_80km_20121111_1200.grib1.

The problem is that this dataset only covers the North America area, you
probably should select a global model output.

Let me know if you have any more question.

Yuan
> address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > address@hidden,
> >
> > Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it
> > and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket. Please
> > make sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all correspondence
> > related to this Ticket.
> >
> >     Ticket ID: ZZP-380452
> >     Subject: Error going online to download data for Papua New Guinea Map
> > which I created
> >     Department: Support IDV
> >

> > Please let us know how we can assist you further.
> >
> > Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: RXX-534848
Department: Support IDV