[IDV #ZXW-221688]: IDV v3.1: Simple difference formula

Greetings Dave!

I've checked into this, and I am not sure what's happening here. However,
I was able to get thing to work *if* I do the following.

1) Create a simple contour plot of the analysis Geopotential heights, but
make sure to select "Set As Time Driver" in the dropdown box in the time
subset panel of the Field Selector.

2) Do the simple difference formula, but this time when you select the
forecast heights for the 'a' field, make sure to select "Match Time
Driver" in the dropdown box of the time subset panel. Also, don't
forget to select the level as 500 mb, or you will get an error.

3) For the 'b' field, select your analysis geopotential height field
and leave the dropdown box in the time subset panel as Use Default.

By forcing the Analysis to be a time driver and the forecast to use
those times, we ensure that 5 fields are used. While this is a workaround,
it does not address the real issue. I'll look into this more. Did you used
to be able to do this kind of analysis successfully in the IDV? It's possible
a bug was introduced when the time driver stuff was implemented.

Cheers,

Sean

Ticket ID: ZXW-221688
Department: Support IDV