[IDV #TFN-527991]: Problem running IDV.-

Hi Débora,

re:
> When I first downloaded and ran IDV I had no problem, only "spurious map
> lines" in the world map projection. I tried to fix this downloading a
> plugin. Since that moment the program didn't work. So I uninstalled it and
> re-installed. But the problem still persist. The message is:
>
> Fatal error initializing resources
> ucar.unidata.util.ColorTable cannot be cast to
> ucar.unidata.util.NamedObject.
>
> I will appreciate your help in this issue.

The spurious map lines problem is typically seen on machines that have
certain video cards (e.g., ones from ATI).  For years, the fix for this
was the installation of a plugin.  The problem is corrected in a different
manner in recent versions of the IDV.  Please do the following:

1) remove the plugin that you installed and is causing problems and
   restart the IDV
2) click on Edit -> Preferences from the IDV Dashboard
3) in the System tab, make sure that the Enable geometry by reference
   checkbox is _not_ checked and then click on OK to save the
   preference
4) exit and restart the IDV

Please let us know if this does not fix your problem.

Ticket ID: TFN-527991
Department: Support IDV