[IDV #PDY-867587]: IDV images not transparent in Google Earth

Stu,

As a simple work around, would it be possible to use PNG instead of GIF format?
I was experimenting with a solution, and I was having better luck with PNG.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: stuart Wier
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 3.1u1
> Operating System: linux
> Hardware: x86
> Description of problem:
>
> GIF images made in IDV with transparency do not have transparent parts
> when seen in Google Earth.  Transparent (data value 0.0) areas are white
> in GE.
>
> Attached are a sample gif file, kmz file, and an xidv file including
> the color scale used, with the left most color cell fully transparent.
>
> Stu Wier

Ticket ID: PDY-867587
Department: Support IDV