[IDV #ZIL-902685]: Plotting Winds

Greetings Stephen,

Sure, that will work. But, as an extra bonus, NCDC NOMADS offers
a THREDDS Data Server for access to their data, which you can use/browse
directly from the IDV rather than downloading entire grids. From the
Data Choosers tab on the Dashboard, select "General -> Catalogs" and
enter this URL for the catalog:

http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog.xml

Cheers!

Sean