[IDV #VSR-922462]: varying contour interval in color-shaded plot

Greetings Russ,

I don't think we currently handle multiple intervals when creating colortables,
at least directly. Depending on how many breaks you have in the colorbar, you
could redo it using 0.5 K breaks, and duplicate colors over two breaks at the
upper end.

That said, have you checked out the color tables available through the plugin
manger?
To enable those plugin's, go to "Tools -> Plugin Manager" and look under the
"Color Tables" entries. For example, you can enable GEMPAK, McIDAS, CIMMS, and
see if any of those tables meet your needs (it looks like some of those may do
what
you are looking to do).

Cheers,

Sean

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to plot some images in IDV using a color table that someone
> provided to me (trying to match model-simulated IR satellite imagery to
> observed satellite imagery).  I was able to import the color table into IDV
> easily.  However, the color table is configured to have a contour interval of
> 0.5 K for much of the range, and then the contour interval changes to 1 K for
> another part of the range.  For the IR images, it's this way so you can
> distinguish small differences in temperature at the warm end (i.e., on the
> ground), but larger differences on the cold end (i.e., in clouds).  I didn't
> see an easy way to set the color range to encompass two different contour
> intervals, but I'm guessing there's a way to do this, either by hard-coding
> it for that color table or in some other more flexible manner.  If you have a
> suggestion for this, I'd much appreciate it.  Thanks for your help!
>
> Russ
>

> --
> Russ S. Schumacher
> Assistant Professor