[IDV #FIJ-111081]: NOWRAD Data

> > Hi Yuan,
> >
> > I uploaded one. I can't see that it showed up, but maybe you can see it.
> >
> > Marty
>
> Yes, I got it. It is our security design to not let people see the file
> unless the user has an account.
>

> Yuan

Hi Marty,
      I spent some time reviewing the code of NOWRAD iosp. Basically, the data
value you seeing is so called "color level". I didn't do any conversion when I
wrote this iosp. For the reflectivity, the conversion is time a scale 5. Is the
NOWRAD reflectivity data the only NOWRAD data you are currently interested? We
are in the period of moving to nc-Java 4.3, and it will take a while to make
the change in the library. One quick solution is to use ncml to create a new
data source type in the IDV. What do you think?

Yuan
> > _____________________________
> > Martin A. Baxter, Ph.D.
> > Associate Professor of Meteorology
> > Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
> > Central Michigan University
> > Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
> > (989) 774-2055
> > http://people.cst.cmich.edu/baxte1ma

> > > j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)

> > > me know that it doesn't work with RAMADDA, but it will work with local
> > > files. It does load and display when the data is local, but the values are
> > > wrong. All values range from 0 to 12, rather than 0 to 80 dBZ. Can you
> > > take
> > > a look into what is happening here? There is no other data source for
> > > archived composite radar, to my knowledge, so it is important to me to get
> > > this going.

> > > Hi Marty,
> > >     Could you upload a sample file?
> > >
> > > http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload