[IDV #ZAP-910813]: IDV terminates

Ah, bingo! Ok, so the IDV tries to be "smart" when it allocates memory to the
Java VM. This
has some issues on Windows XP and it looks like you are seeing those issues. In
the runIDV.bat
file, there are two places you should change:

<snip>

REM See important note about this above. To bootstrap the IDV memory, uncomment
REM the line below and set to a value  in megabytes.
REM set idv_memory=512

<snip>

<snip>

REM See important note about this above. If you cannot start the IDV because of
REM PermGenSpace errors, uncomment the line below.
REM set idv_maxpermgensize=128

<snip>

You will need to remove the REM from the last line from each of those places.
Make sure
the first looks like this:

set idv_memory=512

and the second like this:

set idv_maxpermgensize=128

If this works, try increasing the idv_memory by 128 MB increments to figure out
the max
amount of memory to use. Let me know how this turns out.

Cheers!

Sean

Ticket ID: ZAP-910813
Department: Support IDV