[IDV #GYD-965085]: Another broken bundle

Hi Don,

This is a case where running 4.0 with bundles that still point
at motherlode will result in an error, and the Motherlode TDS 4.2
persistence plugin will need to be used.

The reason is that when IDV 4.0 was released, the idea was that
thredds.ucar.edu would be running TDS 4.2 until the switch.
Therefore, motherlode urls were automatically remapped to
thredds.ucar.edu under the hood to be ready for when the
motherlode access url was shut off. This means, at the code level,
the IDV does not expect to have to remap the dataset url path of
a server called thredds.ucar.edu, because it was assumed to be the
same as motherlode.ucar.edu (i.e. TDS 4.2), and just the top level
url is remapped.

However, in order to get a stable TDS url up and running, and in
order for the IDV (pre 4.0) to keep working throughout the semester,
the assumption that thredds.ucar.edu and motherlode were the same
was no longer true. So, for the university labs that upgraded to
4.0, I created a plugin that will undo the forced remap of motherlode
to thredds.

In the end, if you want bundles that point to 4.2 to work in IDV 4.0,
as they did when connecting to a TDS 4.2 server, then you will need the
persistence plugin. Otherwise, you should use the TDS 4.2 -> 4.3 test
plugin, which will all remapping of the dataset url paths.

Sorry for the confusion,

Sean

Ticket ID: GYD-965085
Department: Support IDV