[IDV #FYS-701653]: Inconsistencies in vector cross sections from u,v, and w data

> Full Name: Marty Baxter
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /usr/local/IDV_3.0u2/jre version: 1.6.0_20 j3d:1.5.2
> fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi Yuan,
>
> If you plot a 3D vector cross section, using real-time NAM data from
> motherlode for example, the plot that shows up in the view window is not the
> same as the one that is shown in its display control window. Also, I think
> both plots are incorrect. I know that the model is giving omega and the IDV
> is asking for w, but multiplying the omega by a negative one didn't clear
> things up any. Thanks for your help.
>
> Marty

Hi Marty,
      This is probably my fault. When the new 3D trajectory feature is added,
the 3D vector is also becoming available to the user. When the vertical
velocity is omega, it should do some calculation to the convert to w. In order
to make situation simple, I will check the configuration to make sure  3D
vector option is disable when there is only omega.

Yuan

Ticket ID: FYS-701653
Department: Support IDV