[IDV #IPJ-175934]: Coordinate Transform: Plotting on Isentropic Surfaces

> Full Name: Patrick Campbell
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.0u2\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hello,
>
> Is there a way within IDV to convert the vertical coordinate system from
> pressure to theta surfaces on the fly?  For example, if one had a gempak file
> in pressure coordinates, but wanted to contour a variable on a theta surface
> rather than a pressure surface.  Or, does the user need to import the file
> already including theta surfaces?  Does IDV even know how to read in data on
> theta surfaces?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick Campbell

Hi Patrick,
       The answer to your first question is no. In order to do the coordinate
system conversion from pressure to theta, we need to add some new functions and
library. If you already have a file in theta surface, the IDV may be able to
display. If you can share your dataset with us, I would like to try it locally.

Yuan

Ticket ID: IPJ-175934
Department: Support IDV