[IDV #NAU-578128]: Motherlode to THREDDS conversion

Hi Dzengiz,

re:
> Since I am a daily user of IDV I've got some questions regarding the
> Motherlode to Thredds conversion around june 2013.
>
> Is there a reason why i can not access the latest GFS releases on the
> THREDDS server? I was wondering if there was a problem with my IDV setup
> or perhaps maybe the models were unavailable because of work done on
> the server?
>
> I was trying to access the GLOBAL gfs release (0,5°) but the last
> accessable release is the one of the 14th of april 00 UTC... Since at the
> time of writing this email it is April 15th, 02:00 UTC I was wondering
> if I could do anything from my end that would make the latest release
> (eg. Global GFS 0,5° Release of April 14th - 1800 UTC) available. It
> just does not show up in the list of Catalogues.

I just did a listing in the IDV v4.0u1:

Data Chooser -> Catalogs -> UCAR IDD Model Data -> NCEP GFS Global 0.5 degree

and I see the April 14 1800 UTC model run.  The time I did the interrogation
was 02:17 UTC.  Given this, there does not appear to be any issues with
the THREDDS model data serving.

re:
> On the Motherlode server (still available until june) I have no problems
> whatsoever accessing the latest GFS releases and they work just fine. They
> show up in the list of catalogues and they are available to consult &
> plot the desired fields.

This comment seems to be in contradiction with the one in your second paragraph:

2nd paragraph:

> Is there a reason why i can not access the latest GFS releases on the
> THREDDS server?

Are you having problems, or are you not having problems?

re:
> Or is it possible that the latest releases of GFS are not made public anymore?

No, this is not the case.

re:
> I am looking forward to your reply about my enquiries.

Perhaps you tried to access the 18 UTC GFS output just before it was
available on motherlode?  I suggest this since I was able to access
the 18 UTC run at 02:17 UTC.

Ticket ID: NAU-578128
Department: Support IDV