[IDV #XAU-184022]: Radar netCDF Sweep Files

> Full Name: Jason Apke
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /apps/IDV_4.0u1/jre version: 1.6.0_41 j3d:1.5.2 fcs
> (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi, Unidata,
>
> I am trying to get IDV to load and display data from radar sweep files.
> I have been using the following links, where the data format was given
> to me from:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg00839.html
>
> Using this, I attempted to format my netcdf sweep files accordingly, but
> for some reason the data readout would not work properly.  When pressing
> and holding both mouse buttons I could only get data from some azimuth
> angles but not others.  I then tried to use an example netcdf radar ppi
> sweep file from:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/files.html
>
> I found that IDV had the same problem with this example file where some
> of the azimuth angles, while they display data there, will not give data
> readouts for these values.  I have included my current state as a bundle
> for your reference, however I was wondering if this is a bug with IDV
> or if it is a problem with the data?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason Apke

Jason,
      If you zoom in the display area, the readouts can be better. But, I did
see this problem in certain area where the display is surround by those missing
data. I will check it out, not sure any solution at this moment.

Yuan

Ticket ID: XAU-184022
Department: Support IDV