[IDV #DTI-459578]: problem displaying image

> Hi Yuan,
>
> My system works fine with IDV 2.7u2...
>
> Max

Max,
     It makes sense. The newer version of the IDV depends on the newer version
of openGL or directX library, and this is why I ask you to update the driver to
get the latest openGL library. You can google how to update the driver and get
the detail information. Another problem is that your operating system is too
old, the MicroSoft has stopped supporting XP, and you may not get the new
driver. Give it a try anyway.

Yuan

> Max P. Bleiweiss, MS, FRAS
> Agricultural Research Scientist             voice:  +1 575.646.1367
> New Mexico State University           fax:    +1 575.646.8087
> Department of Entomology,           e-mail:  address@hidden
> Plant Pathology and Weed Science
> PO Box 30003, MSC 3BE
> Las Cruces, New Mexico USA 88003-8003
>
> On Fri, 7 Jun 2013, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>
> >> Full Name: Max Bleiweiss
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version: 4.0u1 build date:2013-03-29 18:10 UTC
> >> Operating System: Windows XP
> >> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.0u1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> >> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> >> Description of problem: Greetings,
> >>
> >> I am attempting to display some WRF output -- The map outline would not
> >> display nor would the data (T2M).  So, I downloaded and installed 4.0u1 --
> >> I had been using 3.0.  In either case, the same results and in the command
> >> window, in both cases, the following error:
> >>
> >> [Java3D] Warning: Fail to lock Vertex Buffer -- D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR
> >>
> >> There are several lines of this error
> >>

> > Hi Max,
> >         Can you update the video card driver and try it again?  Before you
> > install the new driver, try to change the Java 3D setting: Unider Edit >
> > Preferences > System:
> >
> > Check or un check the Java 3D setting for the enabling geometry by
> > reference. This may help.
> >

> > Yuan
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: DTI-459578