[IDV #AIR-361764]: Cross Section and Syncing out of sync data sources

Greetings Patrick,

Yes, the IDV can do both things. For information on cross sections,
please see:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/datadisplays/grid/CrossSections.html

Note that the cross section feature can be used on any gridded dataset (with
a vertical dimension, of course), including output from the GFS.

For syncing of dataset times, you will want to use the "time matching"
feature. For some information on this feature, please see:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/datadisplays/imagery/TimeMatchingRadarNSat.html

Sean

> Full Name: Patrick Barrett
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 8
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.0u1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> I was asked if the IDV can create cross sections of parameters at a
> particular latitude, for example a temperature profile at 5 degrees
> N. I think the IDV can create this but I am not certain as to how also
> what type of data is required, could gfs model output data be used and
> how? Also I would like to sync satellite imagery with surface plots the
> problem is that the times are out of sync, the synop data is every 3
> hours on the hour e.g. 12:00, 15:00, 18:00 while the satellite imagery
> times are 15 mins after the hour e.g. 12:15, 15:15, 18:15. How do I sync
> both displays so the 12:15 satellite imagery and 12:00 synop, and so on,
> are on the same display? Thanks in advance

Ticket ID: AIR-361764
Department: Support IDV