[IDV #SJL-770384]: URGENT

Dear Kunal,

There are at least a couple of ways to achieve what you want with respect to
map boundaries for India.

1. In the Map View, Legend click on the "Default Background Maps" and select
"World Political Boundaries". This will display the political boundaries for
all countries.

But it sounds like you want *only* India, so here is a second option.

2. Find a .shp file (Esri shapefile) with the map of India you like. I found
some here
(http://www.maptell.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=159&func=selectfolder&cat=6)
 but you may know of better ones. Then

. Go to the IDV Dashboard, Displays tab, and select "Default Background Map"
. In the Edit menu of the Displays tab (*not* the edit menu of the Dashboard)
select "Add Your Own Map...". This action will take you to the "Add a Map"
dialog.
. Browse for the .shp file in question and click OK. This action will bring
forward your map of India.

Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: SJL-770384
Department: Support IDV