[IDV #ECX-924715]: Sampling data within IDV (ver 4.0u1)

> Yes,
> I want to be able to "see" the contour values along the contours
> themselves. All I currently see are the contour lines themselves (without
> quantitative values). This makes it difficult to comprehend as you have to
> refer to the legend off to the side of the map. [I am looking at rainfall
> accumulations and rates]

Ok, by default, there should be some contour values along the contour lines. I
am surprise you didn't get any. In your case, you may want to increase the
density of the contour values. In the Displays tab of the Dashborad, there is
contour control. Click the "Change" button of the Contour, you will see a
Contour properties editor" window popup, and you can change the density of the
contour value in this window.

Yuan

> I will try the Value Plots in the Plan Views category to display actual
> data points on the map display.
>
> I appreciate your timely response.
>

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > Good afternoon, Yuan.
> > >
> > > That particular (separate) window does display the point, but not on the
> > > map itself.
> > >
> > > What I am looking for is a way to *directly* display the data point *on
> > the
> > > map*.
> > >

> > Well, there is a Value Plots in the Plan Views category can do display of
> > data point on the map.
> >
> > > Also, how can I display labeled contours (on the map itself)?
> > >

> > Not sure what you mean here, the labeled contours are displayed as Contour
> > Plan View display. Do you want to increase the density of labels? Or
> > something else.
> >

> > Yuan
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Patrick