[IDV #VQZ-171072]: Changing display of time control

> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering if there is any way to change the captions at the time
> animation control, this is, instead of displaying something like:
> "0000-00-00 00:00:00Z" could it be changed somehow to: "day-5" ?

Victor,
      We often use ncml to change content of the existing nc file. In your
case, you can add a new time variable or change the global attribute of start
time and end time, etc..

      Here is the link for the ncml:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/

Yuan
> This is because my time coordinates are in lags, so I change the attributes
> of my nc-file to something that the IDV can understand but then at the IDV
> I can't change it.
>
> Please let me know if this is possible.
>
> Thanks again.
>

> Regards