[IDV #VZI-690550]: excluding hourly time frames from bundle

Brian,

I looked at the GINI images and I see the problem you describe. Although, it is
still "manual intervention" you can set skip factors ("Select every other one")
when selecting times, but that may not be satisfactory especially since the
pattern is not always consistent, if you know what I mean.

The long term solution would be to do this with an ISL script, but the ISL does
not have the necessary functionality to this yet, unfortunately. We will have
to put this feature in the plans.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Good afternoon.
>

> This may be too ambitious, but I thought I would check anyway. Our university
> uses a bundle which displays the GINI 8 km sounder precipitable water from
> adde.ucar.edu, but the data which is output exactly on the hour seems to be
> in a very different format from an image made at, say, 16:34:06Z.  I can
> manually remove the hourly images from the time animation, but this is
> inconvenient to do each time.
>

> Are there some simple (or not so simple) tags that could be added to the
> bundle which would either remove frames with a certain minute (namely zero)
> from an animation, or alternately, would exclude these frames from the data
> source? Thank you for any suggestions you can provide.
>

> Brian Billings
>
> Atmospheric and Hydrologic Science
>
> Saint Cloud State University

Ticket ID: VZI-690550