[IDV #TSW-423712]: IDV crash at startup

Hi Tom,

Yes, it is a Java 1.7 / OS X/ Java 3D issue. On a related note, I am hopeful we
will be able to migrate to Java 1.7 soon
http://forum.jogamp.org/Mac-Canvas3D-location-bug-td4030052.html. The new JOGL
and Java 3D should resolve these issues eventually (hopefully!).

Best,

-Julien

> On 10/18/13 9:49 AM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > address@hidden,
> >
> > Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it
> > and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket. Please
> > make sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all correspondence
> > related to this Ticket.
> >
> >      Ticket ID: TSW-423712
> >      Subject: IDV crash at startup
> >      Department: Support IDV
> >

> > Please let us know how we can assist you further.
> >
> > Unidata User Support
> >

> Guys - don't get too riled up about this one, things are still settling
> out with
> configuring a new machine, so this is very likely a config issue on my
> end...
>
> --
> Tommy Jasmin
> Space Science and Engineering Center
> University of Wisconsin, Madison
> 1225 West Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53706

Ticket ID: TSW-423712
Department: Support IDV