[IDV #ZGH-393186]: changes to isl?

Brian,

There are a few different problems here, some on our end, some on yours. More
below.

> Hello. I was wondering if there were some changes to how IDV scripting works
> in version 4. I've attached a script I wrote last year that worked last year
> in 3.1, but there are a number of problems now. Specifically:
>

> 1) the display="class:ucar.unidata.idv.control.RaobSoundingControl" option
> produces a null pointer exception. I assume this display has been moved to a
> new location?

The display has not been moved to a new location. I believe the problem is
there is no bundle associated with this ISL script. Create the SkewT bundle you
are interested in and reference it with the "bundle" tag (see attached).

> 2) The if statements don't seem to execute, even when I use an expression
> with constant that is always true.

I believe it is incorrect to have HTML character entities here. Try:

<if>
    <![CDATA[${HH} > 00 and ${HH} < 13]]>
    <then>

instead of

<if expr="${HH}&gt;00 and ${HH}&lt;13">

See
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/4_1/docs/userguide/isl/BasicTags.html#if

> 3) The matte option produces an error for being in-between the opening and
> ending image tags. However, this seemed to work before.
>

> Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

When putting an example ISL script together for you (see attached), we
discovered a problem where the current IDV will not be able to properly run the
ISL script. Please check the nightly build tomorrow for the bug fix.
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: ZGH-393186
Department: Support IDV