[IDV #RHB-405913]: IDV on Dual Monitor Machines

Brendon,

This is somewhat of a shot in the dark but try this:

Please download https://www.dropbox.com/s/ea6cxs6yqtzr68f/java3d.tar.gz and
copy the contents of that tarball into the IDV installation in question: [IDV
installtion]/jre/lib/ext. It is probably best to make a back up of jre/lib/ext
before you try this suggestion.

This tarball is similar to a new version of Java 3D/JOGL that will be rolled
out with the IDV soon. This forthcoming version could possibly remedy these
issues.

Please let us know what happens.

Best Wishes,

-Unidata IDV Support

> Hello,
>
> I'm running a Dell Optiplex 780 with a ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series Graphics
> card with dual monitors under Windows 7. Running IDV 4.1 (as well as
> previous versions) results in intermittent display of a gray box where the
> map ought to be, sometimes even before the user attempts to find data to
> display (see attached photos). I've ensured my graphics driver is up to
> date with version 8.970.100.1100 from the manufacturers website. I also
> tried running the Direct3D version by editing the batch file, but this
> results in several error messages and the map window doesn't even pop up.
>
> It would be great to be able to get this working in our lab of 24 systems
> as we've been struggling with this issue for some time. I would even be
> willing to ship you one of our systems for testing.
>
> Thanks,
> Brendon
>
> --
> Brendon Hoch