[IDV #YUL-618483]: Mapes Plugins non-operational?

Michael,

Here is what I did:

cd ~/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv
wget https://www.rsmas.miami.edu/users/bmapes/pagestuff/idv.properties
wget https://www.rsmas.miami.edu/users/bmapes/pagestuff/mapes.rbi

After I ran these commands and started the IDV, I could see the Mapes
IDV collection without any difficulties in the IDV. Is that not what
you are seeing? Remember, you have to restart the IDV to see the Mapes
IDV collection.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> I must admit I tried all of the methods noted on Brian Mapes' site after
> watching the videos.  They look exciting but try as I might I could
> not get them to show in my copy of IDV 4.1.  I'm running a CentOS 5.9
> Linux parallel computer system, 6 Gb in each machine (only one has IDV
> 4.1 installed), the hard drive system on each box is just over 1 Tb.
> The IDV runs very well otherwise.
>
> In addition, I have used the IDV since 1.1 or some very early version
> and regularly update it when they become available.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Michael Allen
> Industrial Weather
> 15248 40th Avenue North
> Plymouth, MN 55446 (suburb of Minneapolis)
>
> E-mails:      address@hidden
> address@hidden
> mobile:               763-245-1903

Ticket ID: YUL-618483