[IDV #CBF-953518]: UF radar file not working (not CDM).

> This Vietnamese person has radar data in a .uf file but I can't open it in IDV
> using Radar Files (NEXRAD/DORADE/UF) type.
>
> There was an error loading the data:
> Error creating data source:file.radar with:
> /Users/bem/Downloads/DON20140221000057.uf
> null
> java.io.IOException: Cant read /Users/bem/Downloads/DON20140221000057.uf:
> not a valid CDM file.
>

> Any help appreciated. File attached.
> Brian

Brian,
      The UF format is based on the NACR and Canadian's radar datasets, it also
works for some other countries. But it may not be as universal as we expect.
      I check the header of the attached file, there is some unrecognized
characters. Not sure if this is due to the language. I probably need a document
to better understand this file.

Yuan

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Dear Professor Brian Mapes.
>
> I translate Thanh's letter below:
>
> Here is Radar Doppler data that we have in the North of Central Vietnam
> (format: uf). I want to show it with other data in your Mapes website. How to
> use my data in your website and how to show it in IDV website)
>
> Thank you so much!
> Respectful,
> Thanh

Ticket ID: CBF-953518