[IDV #VNU-780300]: Forecast Hour in Display Properties; & ISL Scripts

Brendon,

We made some modifications to the IDV macro facility to allow for a
forecast hours without the 'H'. To try this enhancement, please use
the %fhour2% macro with the IDV nightly build tomorrow:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

As for the forecast hour in the file name, I do not have a good answer
for you. I wonder if you could possibly write a script to
programmatically change the file name with the forecast hour (outside
the IDV). This is perhaps not a great option, but it could work.

Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> _H_ello,
>
> We would like to use the forecast hour for labeling model forecast maps,
> both within the graphic and as part of the filename.
>
> -Using the fhour macro in the display properties/settings tab/display
> label, is it possible to put a space between the forecast hour and the
> letter 'H', or to omit the 'H' entirely?
>
> -Is it possible to use the fhour macro in a similar way to the date/time
> property in ISL scripts?  Such as, to include it in a resultant
> filename, for example, gfs_ColFill500hgtGIFremote_2014Mar031500F003.png?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.  We've enclosed sample bundle, image,
> and ISL script, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Brendon

Ticket ID: VNU-780300