[IDV #IJH-325377]: Problem with Japan gridding

Alvin,

Thanks for uploading the data. I note there are 3 files; Japsea.shp,
trial.txt, wrfout_d03_2013-08-13_04:00:00. Which of these data do you
think are being displayed incorrectly? Also I note these data (in
particular the WRF output) does not correspond exactly to the image
you sent earlier.

If you think there is a problem with the WRF data, it is possible you
are working with the wrong WRF projection.

If you think there is a problem with the text point data, then there
is a simple test you can do. In particular, delete all points in the
text point data file except one where you know the exact geographic
location.  Display this one point in the IDV. Does it match where it
should be on the map?

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: IJH-325377