[IDV #JKM-822210]: metadata extraction

Annie,

We'll give you a more complete answer on Monday. IDV staff is on Spring Break.

In the meantime please peruse:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/netcdf-java/documentation.htm

You can probably find examples of what you are trying to achieve therein.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Greetings,
>
> My name is Annie Burgess, I'm working on an open source project to extract
> the metadata from netcdf files.  I've been using IDV to explore several
> NetCDF datasets and thought I might ask if someone at Unidata could point
> me to the java code that extracts the metadata from a NetCDF file, as it
> does under Data/Edit/Properties/Metadata (example attached).  I assume this
> metadata code is hidden in one of the IDV .jar files - I've just had no
> luck finding it!
>
> I appreciate any insight you can give.
>
> Best, ,
> Annie
>
> --
> Ann Bryant Burgess PhD
>
> NASA/JPL                         Alaska Science Center
> Pasadena, CA                  USGS, Anchorage, AK
>
> Cell:  (585) 7*38-7549*
> Office:  (907) 786 - 7059
> Fax:  (907) 786-7150
> E-mail: address@hidden
> 4210 University Dr., Anchorage, AK 99508-4626

Ticket ID: JKM-822210
Department: Support IDV