[IDV #ZQH-336619]: Problems with global sat data in IDV

> Hi:
>
> I've been having some problems loading global satellite data into IDV,
> especially in bundles.  The data is from the GLOBAL dataset on the
> adde.ucar.edu server.  When I pull up the Thermal IR composite images,
> it defaults to a -5 magnification, so I change it to 1 so I get the full
> grid.  However, when I then save to a bundle and reload it, IDV5.0
> downloads and plots the data with the default -5 magnification.  See the
> attached globalir.xidv bundle.
>
> Further, all bundles I have created previously (August 2013) that use
> the GLOBAL dataset on the adde.ucar.edu server no longer work and return
> an error that says no images satisfy the selection criteria.  See
> Global-10day.xidv.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Jim,
     The magnification bug has been fixed in the nightly release a while ago.
You can download and give it a try.

     The problem of GLOBAL datasets from adde is a different story. A few
months ago, Tom made an announcement regarding
the changes of these dataset. Basically, the original high resolution datasets
are no longer available due to the
request of the dataset creator SSEC. They are getting paid to generate these
high resolution datasets for certain customers and
do not want to see the Unidata making them freely available. So, we replace
these global datasets with lower resolution datasets,
and this means the IDV users need to redo the bundle.  Sorry about the trouble.

Yuan

Ticket ID: ZQH-336619
Department: Support IDV