[IDV #PBQ-956479]: compiled ok, but getting runtime error

Stephen,

I am trying to rule out some red herrings here.

Can you start the IDV after installation, but before swapping out the
idv.jar? This test may require you to download and install the IDV again.  I
just want to ensure the IDV can run on your machine. At that point, we will
tackle your idv.jar.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: PBQ-956479