[IDV #QGG-835568]: Bundle problems related to time driver and adaptive resolution

> Hi Yuan -
>
> Thanks for taking the time to look into this one.  I tried this out on
> my machine at home over the weekend, and I couldn't get the bundles to
> fail when loading.  I didn't take notes at home, but I believe that the
> top two options in the 'Open Bundle' option were selected when I was
> in the Open Bundle window is selected.  The key seems to be if the 'Try
> to add displays to current' windows isn't selected then you run into the
> problems I mentioned earlier.  Here's some screenshots when I tried
> the contoured point data matched the driver times.

So the second open bundle option "Try to add displays to current' windows"
needs to be selected since the bundle we are dealing is
applying "MDR", otherwise, there is no display region available and selected
images not available.

Yuan

> [...]
> errors I mentioned earlier.  Seems like the problem involves the
> creation of the new display window?
>
> If you feel a need to talk about this, my office number is (608)265-3149.
>
> Thanks -
> Bob

> >> Hello -
> >>
> >> In our testing for the upcoming McIDAS-V release, I came across a couple
> >> different problems when loading in bundles where a layer uses Adaptive
> >> Resolution/Match Display Region (AR/MDR) and is also a time driver.
> >> These are also problems in the IDV (5.0u3 nightly from 12/17).  Any idea
> >> why these cases are failing ?
> >>
> >> * Case 1: Problem with setting satellite data as time driver and user
> >> AR/MDR.
> >> 1. Load in some full disk satellite imagery (5 times worth)
> >> 2. In the Times tab of the Field Selector, choose 'Set As Time Driver'
> >> 3. In the Region tab of the Field Selector, choose 'Match Display
> >> Region'
> >> 4. Click Create Display
> >> 5. Add in point observation data (adde.ucar.edu/Surface) with Match
> >> Time Driver
> >> 6. Choose Gridded Fields > Temperature
> >> 7. Click Create Display
> >> 8. Save both zipped and unzipped versions of the bundle
> >> o Load in the unzipped bundle and you get an error: "Selected
> >> image(s) not available"
> >> + Click OK through the error and the point data displays
> >> + Load in the zipped bundle and everything works fine
> >>
> >> * Case 2: Problem setting point data as a time driver that uses AR/MDR.
> >> 1. Load in point observation data (adde.ucar.edu/Surface), 5 times
> >> worth
> >> 2. Choose Gridded Fields > Temperature
> >> 3. In the Times tab of the Field Selector, choose 'Set As Time Driver'
> >> 4. In the Region tab of the Field Selector, choose 'Match Display
> >> Region'
> >> 5. Click Create Display
> >> 6. Save both zipped and unzipped versions of the bundle
> >> o Load in the unzipped bundle and you get an error: "reading point
> >> data No data available" with a lengthy stack trace
> >> o Load in the zipped bundle and you get an error:
> >> + Initializing after unpersistence
> >> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
> >>
> >> This seems to be a problem when a time driver uses AR/MDR.  In case 2, I
> >> can set the Point data to be the time driver w/o AR/MDR and both bundles
> >> work.  I can also set the point data to use AR/MDR with just the default
> >> times and both bundles work.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Bob Carp
> >>

> > Bob,
> >        Just came back from AGU last night, and I am at my office now
> > testing these two cases.
> >        Well, I cann't reproduce any of your problems here, and please try
> > the attached two bundles I created according to your descriptions.
> >
> >       We probably need to talk over the phone to sort out the problem you
> > ran into. I will be in my office Monday and this is my priority item here.

Ticket ID: QGG-835568
Department: Support IDV