[IDV #XWP-701895]: problems running multiple copies of IDV on Yosemite

Don,

Yes, I can confirm this.

I am getting the message "You can’t open the application “IDV” because it is not
responding."

Poking around the Internet, you can find other applications having the same
problems on yosemite, but I have yet to see a solution referenced. We will keep
looking.
Let us know if you find anything on your end.

BTW, the workaround is to run the IDV (multiple times if you want) from the
terminal.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi-
>
> My desktop was upgraded to Yosemite (10.10.1) recently and I've also
> upgraded to IDV 5.0u2.  If I have the IDV running and try to start
> another instance, the second instance does not start.  However, even
> after I exit the first instance, the icon in the dock has a dot under it
> indicating that the IDV is running.   If I go to the Force Quit..
> option, I see that IDV is listed, but I can't kill it.  If I try to shut
> my machine down, it won't do it because it says the IDV is running and I
> have to close it first.
>
> So...
>
> - Can you recreate this problem on a Yosemite system?
> - is there any other info I can give you?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Don
> --
> Don Murray