[IDV #XWP-701895]: problems running multiple copies of IDV on Yosemite

Don and Brian,

I think we may be conflating multiple issues here so let me describe each
problem.

Issue #1

On Yosemite and Mavericks, if you try to start the IDV more than once via the
dock or icon, the second time will fail. On Mavericks the icon bounces until you
kill the first instance (and never starts the second instance). On Yosemite the
icon is in the dock and never goes away even if you kill the first instance.

Issue #2

On top of Issue #1, an additional problem on Yosemite, is if you go to the Force
Quit window, the IDV icon is there, but you cannot kill it nor does it show up
in the process table or the Activity Monitor. Moreover, when you try to shutdown
your Mac for the day, you can't because the Dock thinks the IDV is still
running. Again, force quitting won't work and the IDV is not in any process
table. Eventually I have to "sudo shutdown -h now"

Problem #2 is a real pain in the neck. I have been researching and experimenting
with various solutions.

The run_script that is in the IDV.app has no "exit 0", but that makes no
difference according to my tests.  I tried starting the run_script via
AppleScript, but that does not work either.

At this point, I think we have a bug in Yosemite which I will try to
minimally reproduce with a "shell script app", and send a bug report.

That is where I am at.

-Julien