[IDV #OSQ-709189]: about IDV sofeware

Xiaofei,

You are on the right track. You will need to install the UNAVCO plugin like
this:

C:\Program Files\IDV_53\runIDV.bat -installplugin
http://www.unavco.org/software/visualization/idv/unavcoidv.jar

Display your data as you did before (as you show in the attached PNG). Then go
to the IDV Dashboard, Displays tab and select a Layout Model of "Beach Ball".

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi guys
>
> i'm a phd students at geology department of Utah State University. Now
> i want to plot a focal mechanics map by using IDV software. But there
> was no beach ball plot model after i installed the IDV. I downloaded
> the idv_5_0u2_windows64_installer for installing. is that full package
> or there is something missing when i installed software?
>
> thanks a lot for you time
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> --
> xiaofei ma