[IDV #RPN-725239]: notes from Antigua

Teddy,

The short answer, is that we discovered bad data on 2013-5-22 6Z by stepping
through a time animation of precipitation _AFTER_ changing the display range
from 0 to 150 to -41 to approx. 353 (the 353 was arrived at from the 'from all
data' option in the change range widget).

The longer answer is at that time, there is an approximately -41 value data
block for that time step. This strange data block is accumulating from that
point on.

You will have to roll your own formula to clean this up. This function may work
to achieve that objective.

The "substitute" function is explained here:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/tools/JythonLib.html

def sumFromBaseTime2(field): """set the value of each time step N: D(N)= D(N) +
    D(0) """ substitute(field, -9999.8, 0, 0) return
    GridMath.sumFromBaseTime(field)

Here is a video on creating Jython functions/formulas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuHpf3HT3Xs

Let us know if you have additional concerns.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: RPN-725239
Department: Support IDV