[IDV #XER-566045]: ETA on adde.ucar.edu?

> Hi-
>
> Is there an ETA for getting adde.ucar.edu back on line? The loss of
> satellite and observational data for IDV bundles is problematic.  I know
> Unidata is not an operational data center, but in this case, it would be
> nice to have a way to switch to a new server easily.  Perhaps the server
> url redirection stuff that Sean implemented for thredds could be
> modified to work for ADDE as well.  Or at least if adde.ucar.edu could
> have been automatically redirected to another server through DNS lookup
> that would help.
>
> Rueing the data loss,
>
> Don
> --
> Don Murray
> NOAA/ESRL/PSD and CU-CIRES
> 303-497-3596
> http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/don.murray/

Don,
        It is indeed a big problem at this moment, especially for me to run the
regional workshop and found out data server were not running. I think we will
have some big discussion
in the techie meeting to have two identical servers and be more prepared for
this kind of situation.

Yuan

Ticket ID: XER-566045
Department: Support IDV