[IDV #HRK-128232]: How to open .nc files on IDV

Parwapath,

In the IDV Dashboard, select the Data Choosers tab and load your file with a
"Data Source Type" of "Trajectory Sounding files". Click the "Add Source"
button. This action will take you to the Field Selector of the IDV
Dashboard. Select one of the fields under Track > Basic (e.g., pressure
level). At this point, choose a Display Type of "Track Colored by Parameter"
and click "Create Display". (You may wish to experiment with other choices for
the field selection or display type.)

At this point, you should have rendered your data. Back in the IDV Dashboard,
Displays Tab you can find a Times tab, and you can choose "Times to Use" of
"Track Times". Make sure "enabled" is checked. You may wish to experiment with
these choices as well.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> To Whom It May Concern.
>
> I tried to open the ecmprf and wetprf files, those are .nc files which i
> downloaded from www.cosmic.ucar.edu,  on IDV program but it was not
> success. Could you please guide me the way to open these files. Because I
> don't know about 'Data Source Type' and exactly 'File Format'. I also have
> attached some sample files for you.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Parwapath Phunthirawuthi
> (address@hidden)