[IDV #SEP-967984]: WMS for forecasts of rain and temperature

David,

Thank you for your interest in the IDV and participation in the humanitarian
response in Nepal.

Yes, the IDV can provide many forecasts variables pertaining to meteorology and
is a sophisticated tool for geoscience visualization and analysis. Ideally, the
best would be to come to our training workshops, but that only happens per year
unfortunately.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/events/2015TrainingWorkshop/

Apart from that, there is training material online:

IDV Home Page http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/ where you can download
the tool.

Training videos: http://goo.gl/n0Frpb

Workshop guide http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/

User manual http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other specific inquiries.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi,
>
> We are working on the response to the Nepal earthquake, and would like to
> incorporate rain and temperature forecasts into our humanitarian assistance
> products for the response. I found a presentation by Jeff McWhirter and Don
> Murray
> (http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/workshops/WS2009/Tutorials/IDV-WRF.pdf)
> online that suggests that such a thing might exist in WMS format (NetCDF
> would work, too). Can someone there please let me know what is available?
>
> Thanks, David
>
> DAVID ASKOV
> Geospatial Information Services Advisor
> Pacific Disaster Center