[IDV #FVH-243970]: Spurious (Wrap-Around) Lines When Data Displayed Across 180 Degrees

Matthew,

One thing that worked for me is in the Field Selector, Data Sources, Properties,
to geographically subset the data just slightly to omit the map boundaries. That
eliminated the spurious lines. Does that work for you?

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Matthew Niznik
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home: /Applications/IDV_5.1u2/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/jre
> version: 1.7.0_67 j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem: This has been a recurring problem when I am trying to
> view datasets in the South Pacific (which is one of my big focal areas). The
> CMIP5 model output that I've regridded (and am now trying to get in a form
> IDV is happy with) ends up with these spurious lines on top of the actual
> data, which someone pointed out and I am guessing are lines when the drawing
> functionality tries to wrap the data from the right edge back to the left
> (when it probably shouldn't do that at all). I do have the spurious lines fix
> plugin added to IDV, but that doesn't seem to fix this issue at all.
>
> I run IDV on OSX Yosemite.
>
> Any help would be appreciated - I would love to be able to view interactive
> movies of this data for my research!

Ticket ID: FVH-243970
Department: Support IDV