[IDV #EWV-157445]: IDV WRF precipitation errors

Patrick,

Thanks for your nice words about the IDV.

The standard piece of advice we tell all our users when manipulating WRF output
in the IDV is to first post-process the data with the UPP.

http://www.dtcenter.org/wrf-nmm/users/overview/upp_overview.php

If you have done that step and the IDV is still not working for you, you can
upload your data here:

Please let us know when the data are uploaded.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Dear IDV Support:
>
> My name is Patrick, I am a research at the Caribbean Institute for
> Meteorology and Hydrology. I must say IDV is my favourite toy; however, it
> seems to be having difficulties display the precipitation variables from my
> WRF output files. If you can, please explain why am I having this
> difficulty and even better, please suggest a solution. I have displayed the
> RAINC and RAINNC variables using NCVIEW, however I really wanted to see
> data plots at the specific grid points which IDV normally does well. I have
> attached the ncview and IDV images of RAINC and RAINNC to this email. With
> IDV I am seeing RAINNC being displayed as total gridscale precipitation and
> nothing from total cumulus precipitation and total non-comulus
> precipitation.
>
> Best regards,
> Patrick Barrett.

Ticket ID: EWV-157445