[IDV #NTD-472266]: Excessive loading of data in bundles

> Yuan:
>
> These are new bundles.  I've abandoned all the old ones and have
> been developing new ones this summer to take advantage of time-matching
> and subsetting abilities in the IDV, as well as the better THREDDS
> capabilities.  Much of this has gone really well, but I've been
> reporting some of the hiccups I've encountered.
>
> The new bundles are in
> http://weather.utah.edu/synoptic/idv/Site_Config/bundles/Real-Time-WX/.
> Skip those in the Diagnostics directory as those I haven't updated yet
> because of the problem noted below.
>
> Jim

Jim,
       I will check in the fixed for the bug and you should be able to get the
nightly earlier this afternoon.
       This bug is related to the setting time driver in the animation widget.
       I tried your bundle and the timing seems right to me even though you
will still seeing
reading data for many times, those message might not be corrected. I set the
break point for the data
reload, and make sure only happen one time at the beginning.

Yuan

> >> I'm not sure what you mean by old bundle.  If you mean
> >> Frontogenesis-OnlyFr.xidv, yes, that is the one I am working with.
> >>
> > Jim,
> >          I thought you were modifying your old bundles. But, I believe I
> > know what went wrong now.
> > The problem is that the IDV don't have the subset information when calling
> > these diagnostic function. Those
> > subset information including the time matching, are hiding in its
> > parameters and the parameters can be derived
> > itself. So, some of the logic must be wrong in the current release. I will
> > find a solution asap.
> >

> > Yuan
> >> We need to find a way to hunt down the source of this problem. Bundles
> >> are especially important for more complex, integrated analysis,
> >> including diagnostics like frontogenesis.  To have to try and create
> >> such an analysis by hand each time would be extremely time consuming.
> >>
> >> Jim

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: NTD-472266
> > Department: Support IDV