[IDV #GLF-826710]: compatibility IDV3.0 --> IDV5.2

> Hello,
>
> I have made a lot of bundles using IDV 3.0. Now, I want to upgrade to
> IDV5.2. But are my old bundles still compatible with the newest version
> of IDV ?
>
> I read grib2 files with time aggregation.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alain

Alain,
        There are many changes from 3.0 to 5.2, especially those variable
naming changed of grib2 files in the new java library. In the earlier version
IDV 4.1 or 5.0, we do
provide an interface for the user to make these changes easier, with those
interface, you will be prompted to select the new variable name if the IDV can
not
find one automatically, and the new bundle should be saved in that situation.
In general we support the backward compatibility in the whole IDV development,
but unfortunately, some of the library we rely on broke this design. We will
recommend you to upgrade to 5.2 with many new and excited features in the
latest
release.

Yuan

Ticket ID: GLF-826710